Thursday 10 September 2009

Daniel Pickles






Manchester based artists involved with 'Space within'

I am interested in how we as human beings choose to exist in the pursuit for happiness. my interest leads me to investigate the unknown feeling of faith and how this can drive people to push themselves behond the limitations of there own body.

I find a romance within the object (being found or otherwise) in the reflections of events, the histories the object carries and how they effect our condition.

Escapism I belive to be the souls means of survival as I take influence from poetry, literature, the bible, film and music to formulate the suject matter within the work I produce. I also have an interest in the way we perceive language in comparison to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment